To support, through parent involvement, the mission and core values of Bishop’s College School.
Objectives: The Association advances its mission by pursuing the following key objectives:
- Support BCS in meeting its strategic goals;
- Enhance the BCS experience for families by facilitating communication among parents, the school, and the broader BCS community;
- Promote active parent participation and support activities that foster community spirit;
- Help raise funds to enhance the BCS experience for all students; and
- Offer support in other ways that may be requested by BCS administration.
A productive Parent Association will provide the opportunity for members to grow within the community, establish relationships with other parents, and use their talents and abilities to effectively support the efforts of the school. With this in mind, there are numerous ways in which parents can get involved:
- Arranging and facilitating a friendly welcome and smooth transition for new BCS families.
- Creating a “Parent Booth” during opening week.
- Helping integrate parents into the BCS community.
- Creating opportunities that enable parents to meet one another.
- Participating in school activities at BCS and around the world.
- Helping build positive school spirit.
- Recruiting fellow parents to attend BCS events in their local community.
- Supporting BCS athletics and performing arts activities.
- Providing volunteer support for school activities.
- Supporting the efforts of faculty, staff, and administration.
- Assisting with special classroom and administrative needs.
- Providing volunteer support.
- Supporting fundraising initiatives.
- Supporting student recruitment efforts by attending fairs and sharing positive experiences with BCS.
Membership: All parents or legal guardians of currently enrolled students are automatically members of the Association and are welcome to participate in its various activities.
Steering Committee: The business of the Parent Association shall be conducted by a 7-10 member Steering Committee elected by Parent Association members. The Steering Committee shall meet at least twice a year.
Funding: BCS shall allocate a budget to the Parent Association Committee to help carry out its activities.
For more information about the BCS Parent Association, please contact Susan Cook, Alumni Services Coordinator, at 819-566-0238 x253 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!