Bishop’s College School was founded in 1836 as the Lennoxville Classical School by the Reverend Lucius Doolittle, who also served as the first Headmaster. Back then, the school was housed in the St. James’ Parsonage and within four years twenty-three boys were enrolled. Tuition fees were set at 15 shillings per quarter in the Lower Forms and 25 shillings for the Upper Forms, with board at £25 per annum (about $130 per year).
KHC and New Beginnings
Girls became an integral part of school life in the 1972-73 school year when BCS and the internationally renowned King’s Hall, Compton amalgamated. In 1995, Nancy Layton was appointed Head of School and became the first female Head of a coeducational boarding school in Canada.