"Ross Boys are day students but they are as involved in the life of the school as our boarders. They are leaders both academically and athletically. Our spirit is clearly evident during Carnival activities and any intrahouse competition. The House is divided into Ross 1 (Form VI & VII) and Ross 2 (Form II to V) groups." - Houseparents Scott Kelso & Kirby Nadeau
What we like to do
Although weekend activities are not mandatory, many Ross Boys choose to join the boarding students for trips and outings. We have House dinners at a local restaurant, Sebby's, which is owned by a former Ross boy.
Commander John Kenneth Leveson Ross was a BCS student from 1886-91. He became the Chairman of the Board in 1914, at a time when the school was in a deficit. Ross wrote a cheque for the full amount. He was Chairman for eight years and was determined to separate BCS from Bishop’s University. He even offered to purchase the university campus but was refused. This led him to the land across the river, where BCS is situated today. He began building the School House, dining hall and Prep House. The new buildings were officially opened on June 27, 1918 by the Governor General of Canada and the Duke of Devonshire. Our dining hall is also named in honour of Ross' contributions to BCS.